Applying Public Vanity Name Servers to your domain allows you to replace your domains NS records with a pre-defined Vanity NS configuration. This is useful if for example, you want to replace the name servers “ns10-ns15.dnsmadeeasy.com” with “ns10-ns15.dnsmadeeasy.org” for a .ORG domain name or if you wanted to assign only a portion of the name servers we provide. Some registrar’s do not allow 6 NS records to be assigned to a domain name so we offer configurations with 2 or even 4 NS records that you can use.
Step 1: Managed DNS
- Select the DNS Menu and Select Managed DNS
Step 2: Selecting a domain
- Select a domain from the either the Recently Updated Domains box, or start typing the domain name in the textbox on the Select Domain tab.
Step 3: Settings
- Click on the Settings tab
Step 4: Public Vanity Configuration
- Select a public vanity configuration which fits your needs. If you do not see a configuration which meets your needs, you can define a new one.
Step 5: Advanced tab
- To define a new configuration, select the Advanced drop down menu and click on Vanity Nameservers.
Step 6: Adding new configuration
- Click the plus sign (+) to add a new configuration.
Step 7: Apply Configuration
- Give the configuration a name, and select a group of name servers from the drop down menu it should apply to. This must be the same group of name servers that the domain(s) you will apply the configuration to are assigned.